However, skittish guys, if you insist on texting a girl asking her on a first date, this is the least annoying way to do it. Using Fake iPhone Text, I made this exchange to show how you can successfully make a move before dialing her number and hearing her voice like a man with fully descended balls would.
As Mr. Strickland would say, "here's a nickel's worth of free advice, young man." A few things to notice:
- I will accept the vagueness of "are you around" in this context because he's gauging my interest level. He's skittish; I'll give him a break.
- Asking to hang out Saturday night for dinner tells me that this is a date even if he doesn't say the word. All signs point to date-land.
- He already has a place in mind that he wants to take me to. THAT RULES.
- He tells me when he's going to communicate with me next so I don't have to stress about it.
- He says "talk soon" to further reassure me that he's not a flake, even though he might be a teensy bit of a coward for not just calling me straightaway.
- The conversation is succinct. Every line is either relaying information about our date or encouraging excitement for it.
- For this to work, you are going to have to call her to arrange the details but it shouldn't be so nerve-wracking because she's already agreed to going out with you.
- The grammar is fine so at least you won't make her cringe while you're trying to woo her.
What do you think? Nervous guys, is this do-able? Girls, would you agree with this? Let me know in the comments.