He's throwing a benefit show for Pizza Brain to get a new oven on Saturday, June 25th at Johnny Brenda's so snap up your tickets because I'm sure it will sell out. I grilled Brian about dating and he was both wise and funny. See?
1. SK: What's your idea of a perfect Philly date?Pizza Brain is slated to open in Spring 2012. Like them on FB, follow them on Twitter, and go to their benefit show on Saturday, June 25th at JB's!
Brain: I just celebrated my two-year wedding anniversary. You know where the two of us went? The salad bar at Whole Foods. Sounds boring, but we both get such a kick out of sitting in the food court, eating cartons full of roughage and watching people do their late-night grocery shopping. It’s an incredibly zen-like experience with the right person.
2. SK: What do most guys do wrong when they're out with a girl?
Brain: Act like walking penises.
3. SK: What's the worst thing a girl can do on a date?
Brain: Take out her phone, unless it’s to look up directions or read a restaurant review.
4. SK: Tell us a secret!
Brain: When I was 11, I fell head-first onto a cement parking block. My face looked like a vampire bat after it happened. I hadn’t really started puberty yet though, so it was mostly cartilage up there in the nose area instead of bone. I went back to looking less like a bat after a couple weeks.
5. SK: What advice would you give a younger version of yourself about dating?
Brain: “Hey younger self, news flash: you know all those girls you’re going nuts over right now? Yeah, the ones who call you their ‘BFF’ and take up all your time? Yep, those ones. With the boobs. Well, you won’t know any of them, any of them, in about 5-10 years, and quite frankly, you won't give a shit. So go back to driving around with your friends in that Chevy Celebrity station wagon and have a good time. You’ll eventually find somebody worth bending over backwards for. Oh, and stop gelling your hair.”
6. SK: What would you put on a mix tape for a girl that you liked?
1. Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
2. Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
3. Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
4. Hall & Oates - Private Eyes
5. Daryl Hall & John Oates - Private Eyes
6. Baltimora - Tarzan Boy