We're not historians on the subject, but we suppose that Ferris Bueller was the earliest example of this phenomenon. He got an entire city to boogey to "Twist and Shout." I mean, look at him over there rockin' the mic like it ain't no thang. His hair is all wind-tossed, his eyebrows are, like, ten feet off his forehead. He OWNS that karaoke performance. And, he didn't even need a monitor with the words! That's impressive.
Other stellar karaoke song choices are:
- "Everybody Wants Some" by Van Halen, complete with Diamond Dave-esque howls
- "Hungry Like The Wolf" by Duran Duran
- "Wake Me Up (Before You Go-Go)" by Wham
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" by AC/DC
- "Big Poppa" by Notorious B.I.G.
- "Turn Back Time" by Cher (trust us on this one)
- "Fallen Angel" by Poison
- "Sail Away" by Enya (just kidding!)
- "Kiss" by Prince
- "Pour Some Sugar On Me" by Def Leppard
- "Live Wire" by Motley Crue
- The Fresh Prince theme song
So, to all you karaoke superstars, we tip our hats to you. Your ability to bring the house down with your soulful renditions can really lift our spirits up.