- War documentaries, especially about the Iraq War and its subsequent mismanagement.
- For that matter, any of Michael Moore's films.
- An Inconvenient Truth. Global environmental crises are a bummer. The only thing that rises in the film is the dolly Al Gore uses to demonstrate our skyrocketing carbon dioxide levels.
- New skool Star Wars movies. Just say no to Jar Jar!
- Any movie where an NBA star interacts with animated characters *cough, Space Jam, cough*
- Rambo/Rocky movies. Really, anything with Sylvester Stallone. Gross-a-loss.
- Movies that involve a psycho girl: Single White Female, The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, Monster, etc.
- Blazing Saddles. I still haven't seen this, much to many boys' chagrins. I probably never will just to spite them.
- Closer. A movie about deceptive, cheating couples? Don't do it!
- Complicated, plot-driven television shows on DVD. For example, it's really hard to get sexxxy to the 1st season of The Wire.
- Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme/ Steven Segal/ Chuck Norris. I don't care how rad that high kick is. Snore!
March 25, 2009
Nothing's worse than spoiling the mood with an intensely inappropriately flick. May we humbly suggest that you stay away from these films if you'd like to keep the romance alive: