Another thing that has surprised me is the outpouring of support the people who've signed up have shown me. On the sign up form, there's a field to write any miscellaneous comments which I tacked on at the end as an afterthought. Let me tell you, people have been saying the NICEST things about both me and Shmitten Kitten:
- "This is the best idea ever. And you crack me UP!!!"
- "Your blog is amazing. It's completely gratifying to read Shmitten Kitten and realize that I'm not insane in my own love-life thought process. And, Shlooby Kitten never fails to have at least one pic or gif that makes my day. Thank you. As a girl who doesn't really fit in the dating scene of my city, you've given me hope that maybe I'll find another oddball here too."
- "Anna, your blog is amazing. My friends and I are constantly fowarding links to each other and it makes me crack up at work."
- "I love your blog, by the way! It's the only one I actually keep up with when I'm traveling to foreign countries (Morocco at present). It's a nice reminder of home while I'm surrounded by third world craziness."
- "I just wanted to say I think you are the coolest, and this is a superfantasicawesome idea because I FREAKING LOVE your mixes!"
- "I think you are hilarious and one of the best things I have found since moving to Philadelphia! Keep up the great work!"
- "Your wittiness makes me chuckle. I love your light-hearted attitude towards your own dating mishaps. You admit mistakes but don't beat yourself up about it. It's refreshing!"
- "Thanks! I love your blog. It's usually the first (and sometimes only) thing I go to in my Google Reader list."
- "I adore your blogs. You give me hope for the future of funny women on the Internet."
- "Your blogs are hilarious. High fives from Iowa!"
I send out my first mix to the Mix of the Month Club on Sunday, May 1st. Get excited! And, sign up if you haven't already.