|Don't worry; you only have to watch|
four seasons of my favorite show!
Remember how shocked Jack Black was when he was talking to a customer who didn't own Bob Dylan's album, "Blonde on Blonde" in High Fidelity? I'm the exact same way when my guy confesses that he's never seen an episode of the British "Office." I really try to keep my exasperation to a minimum but it's hard when he doesn't even know about Tim and Dawn's love and David Brent's character arc. This situation must be rectified, STAT.
Sometimes I wish loving these shows wasn't such a big deal to me, but I guess I just really enjoy sharing inside jokes about TV shows with men I know in the biblical sense. Plus I want him to fully appreciate Kenny Powers' trident speech and I want him to crack up when I do my impression of Anders doing the Tupac walk.
So here are the top shows I will force him to sit through:
- "Breaking Bad"
- "Arrested Development" (only seasons 1 and 2 as I can't stand the whole Charlize Theron storyline in season 3)
- "Party Down"
- "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" (the first few seasons will suffice)
- The British version of "The Office"
- "Buckwild" (just kidding)
- "Eastbound and Down" (Seasons 1 and 3, as the whole Mexican storyline in season 2 was terrible)
- "The Wire" (the entire series which might be a lot to ask for, but I'm gonna try my best to persuade him)
- "Curb Your Enthusiasm" (scattered episodes, mostly ones involving Wanda Sykes and Michael J. Fox, natch)
- Extra credit: "Bob's Burgers," "Parks and Recreation," "Top Chef," "Happy Endings," "Summer Heights High," "An Idiot Abroad," "Dog Bites Man," "Sifl and Olly," "Tenacious D" and "The Ali G Show"